Hi, im Ann-louise....

I will be 2 years sober on January 1st 2024. Hi, my name is Ann-louise and im an alcoholic. Being sober at Christmas is HARD! my go to christmas drink was always whisky mixed with baileys.. It use to blow my head off, but id always drink a full bottle of both in 1 night.. How bad is that?! Its only now im sober i realise I did infact have a massive drink problem. Im craving baileys at christmas but I refuse to give in, ive worked too damn hard to go back to my old life. I could drink a bottle of Jack Daniels whisky a day and think nothing of it! I really did have a drink problem. Now I wont even eat a desert that contains alcohol, im really strict with myself. Let me take you back to January 1st 2022, I decided to do the dryatholon and raise money for cancer research uk. I raised over £500. I got to the end of January sober and thought to myself. if I can do 31 days alcohol free then I can do more, I set myself small goals. I said to myself, see if you can do February too. I did and I just carried on not drinking. Its only now im sober I look back and can say hand on heart, I was an alcoholic.. People will say, why dont you just have 1 or 2 drinks. I'll tell you why, because it wouldnt be 1 or 2, id finish the bottle. Im going to try my best to stay sober for the rest of my life. I use to drink every single day, on the weekends, id even drink in the morning.. I was and I still am an alcoholic, I cant be trusted to drink 1 or 2 drinks, so my only option is sobriety and I personally think im smashing the life out of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 14th My Son Is Coming Home.

June 3rd 2024 The Morning After.

June 2nd 2024 My First Born Son Passed Away 💔🕊