SobrietyIsHard.

 I HATE wrapping Christmas presents; I hate it even more this year, without fail every year since my teens Christmas time means Baileys. As the years went on, Christmas time to started to become Baileys mixed with Jack Daniels. No, I'm not joking, then all year round it was Jack Daniels.

This will be my first Christmas sober.......

Without fail wrapping presents I would be drinking Baileys regardless of the time of day.

My names Ann-Louise and I am 326 days sober today. Today is hard because I could literally right about now drink a Baileys on ice, but I won't.

I'm not miserable because I'm not drinking, I'm just not happy about Christmas in general, without fail, I would see my dad every Christmas day so it's hard for me.

Not drinking is so hard some days, the number of times my mind wonders thinking of a jd and coke, it's unfair really that drink became a massive part in my life, but it did and even though I wasn't drinking first thing in the morning, through the day I was buying drink to consume that evening. My depression was a hundred times worse than it is now.

I had an Epiphany on the 1st of January this year (2022) my whole life changed.

I had to make a choice, either kill the alcohol or the alcohol will kill me.

I am still here because my mum and dad raised a strong ass woman!!!

peace out xxx 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 14th My Son Is Coming Home.

June 3rd 2024 The Morning After.

June 2nd 2024 My First Born Son Passed Away 💔🕊