Alcoholism.

Not sure if I've talked about my sobriety in the past [I don't read back what I write]

January 1st 2022. The day I had what I can only describe as an Epiphany. 

I'd already signed up and dedicated myself to the Dry January Dryathalon, for CRUK, and I was raising money, there's no way I wasn't going sober for January.
So I got to the end of January and thought to myself, hang on a minute, if I can go 31 days without alcohol then why not carry on..

So the reason for this blog is because today I hit 300 days sober.
Now some may read this and think 'I don't drink alcohol, no big deal'
It is to me, after my dad's death I hit the bottle hard, then finding out I had cancer 5 months after losing my dad, I hit the bottle harder.
My life spiraled out of control, I wasted alot of money on Jack Daniels to be precise. 

If I hadn't of stopped drinking, hand on heart, my kids would of buried me already, or burnt me, I don't really care.

Let me just talk about the bond I now have with my 4 children.. 
It's unbelievable, they have become my best friends, I use to spend my weekends hungover in bed ordering take aways because I was too hungover cook.
Now, granted I spend alot of time in my bedroom still but that's the depression, other than the sadness I carry around everyday, I'm interacting on a whole new level with my children. 
It's amazing!!
I have to follow my sobriety app every day to keep me on track but here's the pic 📸 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 14th My Son Is Coming Home.

June 3rd 2024 The Morning After.

June 2nd 2024 My First Born Son Passed Away 💔🕊