March 26th 2024

2020 my dad died of cancer aged 55 years
2021 I had cancer
2022 the year I went sober

I'm still sober and I'm still alive
How, I don't know.
I still don't know how I make it through each day.
My will to live comes from my children.
I just couldn't bare my children morning over my death like I am the death of my father.
Do you ever really heal when you lose a parent.
My whole life turned upside down and the only positive that has come from my father's passing , is me getting sober.
If you're on this sober journey too, a massive well done because I know first hand that it isn't easy.
I've been sober over 2 years and I still crave alcohol, I just don't give into temptation. 
I've become so numb to life, my days just roll into one.
I'm not thriving, I'm simply just surviving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 14th My Son Is Coming Home.

June 3rd 2024 The Morning After.

June 2nd 2024 My First Born Son Passed Away 💔🕊