January 5th 2024

5 days until I turn 40.. They say life begins at 40 haha heres hoping. No matter how dark my days get im going to try my best to find a positive amoungst it all. I woke up this morning to a message off my son Jasper, it said this.. "I know I dont show it but im really proud of you for sticking to being sober and I love you" The impact that small message had on me was immense, it filled my heart with so much love. I could burst with pride. That message right there is one of the reasons I stay sober. I do it for my chidren. Thinking back to when I was actively drinking everyday, im ashamed of myself but I dont dwell on it because im making everything right and have been for the past 2 years. To hear my kids say they are proud of me means the absoloute world to me. You know what, I might not have got alot right in life but I did with my children and I am one proud mum! Sobriety isnt for the weak, youll get tested on a daily, adverts on tv, people on facebook posting pics of alcohol, its all a trigger but I must be one hell of a strong human being because I fight through it and believe me, I would LOVE a drink! but I have to remind myself of how dark my depression went when I was drinking. My head is not a good place to be. Im not just sober for my kids but im sober for myself, I want to make me proud too and I think im smashing the hell out of sobriety!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 14th My Son Is Coming Home.

June 3rd 2024 The Morning After.

June 2nd 2024 My First Born Son Passed Away 💔🕊