542 days sober.

From where I was this time last year, i've realised how far i've actually come. I'm doing this thing called life. Out of everything that has tragically happened, here I am on a sober journey. I wouldn't be sober if my dad hadn't passed away, so, I guess something good finally came out of something so tragic. I hope my children are proud of me because I am sober for them, yes, i'm sober for me too but I want to make my children proud of me. It's a hard journey to be on, I still have days where I could murder an alcoholic drink but then I remind myself how depressed I already am and how drink makes me feel. It's really not worth it. I know if I have a drink I won't want to stop and I know i'll be suicidal. I have intrusive thoughts most days, but being sober I can sort of control them. I'm sober and i'm trying my best to stay sober. Today has been a day to be thankful for how far i've come the past 2 and half years, it's only when I sit and think, it actually hits me that i'm still alive and i'm still fighting to stay alive. Today I am feeling blessed. No matter how lonely I feel, I know I will always have my children by my side.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 14th My Son Is Coming Home.

June 3rd 2024 The Morning After.

June 2nd 2024 My First Born Son Passed Away 💔🕊